Roof Coating Services and Roof Restoration Services
Roof coating systems are a cost effective way to preserve roofs without demoing your existing roof as most cities do not require roofs to be brought up to code. There are a variety of coating systems from acrylic to silicone. McLaughlin will help you determine if your roof is a candidate for these coating systems. While some applications of roof coatings require a tint to be added for aesthetic reasons, most commercial buildings will utilize a white coating for the added energy savings. McLaughlin evaluates each of their manufacturing partners in the area of product quality, business strength and customer service. We have done the research necessary to be confident in the quality of the products we apply. That being said, coating your roof can be a challenging undertaking, and we are here to make it easier for you.
There are many benefits to having a roof coating system for your building:
- Fully Restored, Seamless, Weatherproofing System – Roof Coating Systems are monolithic membranes that are spray applied across your roof, around pipes, hatches, and other equipment found on the roof top to fully seal and waterproof your roof. When fully cured there are no seams, or patches around those hard to seal and reach areas.
- Cost Effective – Roof coatings are applied directly on top of your existing roof, speeding up installation time and reducing costs, as the systems are not as labor intensive as the installation of a new roof. A roof coating system does not require the existing roof to be torn off, eliminating the contribution of landfill waste and costing you less, as you do not need to pay landfill fees.
- Sustainable – These systems are renewable and can be re-coated every 10+ years to lengthen the roof-life, renew the reflectivity, and ensure excellent waterproofing capabilities.
- Environmentally Friendly – Restoring your existing roof and reusing the current materials drastically reduces landfill waste and improves the environment. Many of our coating contain ultra low or zero VOC’s (Volatile Organic Compounds) and can qualify for the US Green Building Council’s LEED program for Sustainable Sites, Energy and Atmosphere, and Materials and Resources.
- No Major Disruptions to The Work Environment During Installation – A huge cost advantage to roof coating systems are they do not require a business to close during installation. The systems create minimal noise and have low odor (often zero VOC’s), allowing you to conduct business as usual with less disruption to the occupants inside the building.
- Reflectivity – McLaughlin gets up to 90% reflectivity (EPA compliant) on our roof coating systems. Highly reflective top coats provide excellent UV protection to your rooftop. This additional protection adds years to your roof and reduces roof maintenance costs. Highly reflective roof coatings also deliver a cooler and more comfortable environment inside the building with less air conditioning usage, ultimately lowering your energy utility costs.
Now that you understand better that roof coating systems are a complete waterproofing roof system with a myriad of benefits. If you are a building owner, it is tough to wade through all of the information without a degree in chemistry in order to make the best decision for your commercial structure. McLaughlin is equipped to give you all of the options you need to make an informed decision.
- We are certified applicators for Acrylic + Silicone roof coating systems manufactured by Metacrylics®.
- Metacrylics® coatings permanently stop leaks, withstand ponding water, and carry a class A fire rating.
- Systems are extremely energy efficient, 90%+ reflectivity provides up to 40% savings on cooling costs.
- Title 24, Part 6 Cool Roof, ICC-ES, Energy Star code compliant. No zinc oxide.
- Options of 5-30 year warrantied systems, based on Mil thickness, Layers of Fabric, etc.
- No exclusions in warranty for ponding water, a common fine print loophole with other manufacturers.
- We can offer warranty options up to 30 years by replenishing the system with an additional topcoat at a fraction of the total original cost, as the initial steps have already been done.
- Vast clientele list who trust Metacrylics® including: U.S. Navy, Army, + Airforce. Apple, Stanford, Hewlett Packard, Intel, Lockheed Martin, Cisco, IBM, SFO Airport, City of San Francisco, County Of Santa Clara, Santa Clara University, Disneyland, Pixar Studios, Hubble Space Telescope, and more.
- Roof coatings can show up to 40-50% savings when compared to other commercial roofing systems since there is usually no tear off or permits required. Coatings are considered repairs rather than replacement, easier to budget, but give the same benefits as a roof replacement in many cases.
Before & After (Roof Coatings)
Types of Roofs that are Candidates for Roof Coating Systems
Request a Free Quote
Roof Coating Services and Restoration in Fine Cities of:
Roof Coating Projects in San Francisco
Roof Coating Systems Projects in the Bay Area